Mount Kilimajaro Trekking Marangu Route Daily (5 days trek)
Marangu Route Kilimanjaro Trekking Daily Departures US $ 1100, Book Now. Shuttle bus transfer Nairobi Hotels , JKIA Airport to Arusha hotels, Moshi hotels, Marangu hotels US $ 30, 40, 80 Inquire group special rates.
Marangu route takes about 5 days to trek Mount Kilimanjaro to Uhuru peak, which is the highest point on mount Kilimanjaro. Any physically fit person can trek Mount Kilimanjaro. No climbing experience is necessary. Mountain trekking can be undertaken during any month except during long rains of April and May. The best months are January to March and August to October. There are two peaks: Mawenzi-5149m and Kibo(uhuru)–5895m. Probably no other mountain in the world has the same mystique and appeal of Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa at 19,340 ft. (5,895m). It is also the highest mountain on earth that is not part of a mountain range and its snow-capped peak hovers majestically over the African plain. Marangu route (also reffered 'Coca Cola Route' is the easiest and most popular route up Kilimanjaro with excellent well-defined trails . Marangu route is a classic trail with comfortable mountain huts and good facilities intermittently spaced at ideal locations. The hikers summit is Gillman's Point - 5685m on the crater rim, but more energetic hikers can continue on to Uhuru Peak - 5896m, the actual summit and the highest point on the African continent! Marangu route offer trekkers an opportunity to socialize with other trekkers from all over the world. The descent is via the same trail. An extra night at Horombo Huts is recommended and it offers trekkers a chance to acclimatize. An experienced guide and porters, who will carry the bulk of your gear, will escort you during the trek and prepares all meals during the trekking.
Day 1: Arusha
Nairobi Arusha shuttle bus transfers, afternoon half day free for your preparation, over night at Arusha Stereo Hotel(budget), In Moshi at Zebra/Buffalo Hotel(budget). (BB)
Day 2: Mandara Hut
Depart your Arusha / Moshi hotel heading to Marangu Gate. Start trek to Mandara Hut which is about 2770m (5 hours) A trek through fascinating rain forests till you reach the first hut Mandara. Meals and overnight at Mandara hut. The frame Mandara Huts during meal time, can accommodate up to seventy people and consist of several sleeping huts and a dining area. All Marangu huts have beds with mattresses and pillows. During high season, the huts can be crowded and you may have to wait your turn to eat dinner in the dining hall.
Day 3: Horombo Hut
Trek from Mandara to stay at Horombo Hut 3750m. (7 hours).
After breakfast, follow the ascending path through the alpine-meadow. The altitude begins to change, slow down your pace while enjoying the flora and the view of Mawenzi and Kibo peaks. Arrive at the Horombo Hut 12km from Mandara. Meals and overnight at the hut. Although extremely busy, the Horombo Huts are considered to be the nicest lodging on Kilimanjaro. The small, frame buildings can accommodate up to eight people each, provide lodging for ascending , descending and acclimatizing trekkers. Horombo can accommodate up to one hundred trekkers and many more porters, cooks and guides. There is only one dining hut at Horombo, making meal times a bit hectic.
Day 4: Kibo Hut
Trek Horombo to Kibo Hut 4725m. (7 hours) After breakfast, resume the trek, the landscape becomes rugged and rocky. Lobelias begin to appear. Climb to Kibo Hut. Meals and overnight at the hut.
The Kibo huts are made of stone and are not very warm. Make sure you have a four-season sleeping bag or a three-season bag with an extra sleep sheet. Here most trekkers experience some effects of altitude sickness. Be sure you are aware of altitude sickness symptoms, and if you feel, please tell your guide.
Day 5: Horombo Hut
Trek Kibo hut to the Summit at about 5895m and down to Horombo Hut 3750m.(14 hrs)
The beginning of the last ascent is made in the wee hours of the morning while the scree is still frozen. Climb the very steep part of the route to GILMANS' POINT (most difficult and tiring part). UHURU PEAK is reached within an hour's walk along the crater rim. (19,344ft). Start the descent to Horombo hut for overnight.
Day 6: Arusha / Nairobi
Descend Horombo to Marangu gate, shuttle transfer to Moshi/Arusha or to Nairobi. Over Night at Buffalo or Zebra hotel moshi, Stereo Hotel Arusha or Sandton Palace Hotel Nairobi or Similar. (BB) For a four star, or a five star hotel extra cost Please Inquire.
Clients on this route stay in Huts
NOTE:Extra night for acclimatisation is recommended at horombo hut.
The above Programme cost US $ 1100 per person
For more information and special offers, Please Inquire.
Trekking Cost Above Includes
- Arrival airport transfers
- Transport/Transfer to and from the mountain
- Meals as advised above for entire trek and tour
- Accommodation as detailed on the itinerary
- Tents and Mattress during your trek
- Services of a private mountain guide, cook and adequate porters to carry both trip provisions and client's private bags.
- National Park entrance, accommodation or camping fees.
- Food and catering equipment, breakfasts, lunches (packed when necessary) and evening meals prepared by our own cook.
- Special dietary requirements are catered for with prior arrangements at no extra cost.
- Certificate of Achievement/ appreciation from us.
- Free storage of excess baggage not required during mountain trekking.
- Crisis management apparatus VHF 2-way radio, basic first aid kit and an on call vehicle.
Trekking Cost Above Excludes:
- Travel and personal accident insurance.
- Visa, passport, vaccinations, medicines.
- Personal Mountain equipment.
- Expenditure on alcoholic drinks, souvenirs and other personal items.
- Optional excursions not detailed in the itinerary.
- Additional optional accommodation added at the base hotel or extra days on
- the mountain added.
- Treated drinking water
- Extra costs incurred in case of own intentional change of itinerary while
- already on trek.
- Porters to carry excess of 16Kg. personal luggage per client.
Trekking Personal Items:
- T-shirts (synthetic materials are best as cotton retains moisture)
- Waterproof thigh-length jacket (Goretex or similar)
- Gloves (waterproof warm outers + thin liners)
- Warm hat (or balaclava) that covers the ears
- Waterproof walking boots (well broken-in)
- Waterproof outer trousers _ Warm mid-layer (fleece or down)
- Warm long-sleeved shirt _ Warm walking trousers (not jeans!)
- Thermal underwear _ Walking socks (several pairs)
- Walking shorts
- Trainers or soft shoes for relaxing
- Glacier glasses (or good quality sunglasses ? preferably with side shields)
- Personal first aid kit & essential medication
- Wet wipes
- Warm sleeping bag (3/4-season)
- Sleeping bag liner
- Trekking pole(s) - can be hired locally
- Small towel
- Headtorch & spare batteries
- Spare plastic bags
- Waterbottle(s) - minimum 3 litres capacity
- High factor sunscreen & lipsalve
- High energy snacks, dried fruit, nuts, sweets, etc. NB: hang on to some till the last day - you?ll appreciate them more!
- A small bottle of cordial or squash concentrate (to liven up the ?flat? taste of boiled water)
MARANGU LUXURY SHUTTLES
Windsor House 4th Floor.
University way / Muindi Mbingu street Junction
P. O. Box 24105 - 00100
Office Phone : +254 203 555 780
Hotline 1 : +254 722 165 331
Hotline 2 : +254 722 124 349
Hotline 3 : +254 733 918 166